Laird Assessors are an award-winning independent vehicle experts providing accident intelligence to the UK’s leading hire, motor & legal industries.
Due to new contract wins, we’re expanding our teams. We’re now recruiting for Vehicle Damage Assessors (VDAs) providing desktop motor reports.
A good VDA Desktop Assessor / Engineer will possess the following qualities:
- Decent foundation knowledge & interest in cars
- Passion for developing and growing personally & professionally
- Confident with modern IT, communication skills
- A keen eye for attention to detail
- A can-do, results-driven attitude
- The ideal applicant will have a background in the Motor / Insurance trade, ideally in a bodyshop environment, parts or service department.
- The ideal applicant will understand Audatex and other estimating platforms, although full initial and ongoing training & refreshing is available.
- Whilst the ideal applicant will be either IMI VDA or IAEA qualified, or working towards qualification, this is not a necessity as full training and support will be provided
What you will be doing?
- Producing Vehicle Damage Reports on a Desktop / Image Basis (VDAR)
- Liaising with the supply chain, predominantly garages, but often hire car companies, salvage agents and accident management companies
- Develop in a growing and progressive team
- Providing exceptional customer service
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: The salary basic would be up to £26,000 – £40,000 + bonus & benefits, per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
As a company, Lairds work hard, play hard & gets s41t done in a vibrant, energetic environment. We thrive on personal development, working together & of course, and having plenty of fun along the way.
We are a dog-friendly office, enjoy rewarding our smart-working staff with anything from team pizzas & beers to seasonal get-togethers driven by what our staff enjoy doing most.
We have a casual dress code, choose your own hours, hybrid work-from-home options and a raft of other benefits as we believe in empowering our people.
We give all these benefits & freedom as we consider excellent products & service to be more important that what our people wear or what time they start.
If you’d like to apply, please click here to email us your CV, perhaps with a short note telling us why you’d like to work here.